|Bitter Gourd chutney|
Here is a recipe for a tangy, sweet and spicy bitter gourd chutney with fresh bitter gourd from our garden.
- Bitter gourd : cut into thin slices
- Sesame Oil : 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
- Tamarind : 1 lemon size
- Jaggery : 1 cube
- Water : 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder : 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida : 1 tsp
- Fenugreek powder : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : Adjust as per taste
- Wash and clean the bitter gourd , cut in half and remove the seeds from inside and then thinly slice it.
- Take water in a saucepan and add tamarind. Bring this to boil and let it sit till the tamarind softens. Add Jaggery to this and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it. Once it is hot, add mustard seeds and allow them to sputter.
- Add the bitter gourd slices and saute until they are soft.
- Add the ingredients 7 - 12 and keep stirring for a few minutes.
- Now strain the tamarind and jaggery mix and add. Keep stirring until most of the moisture has been absorbed and the chutney starts to become sticky.
- It is time to switch off the flame and serve.
Enjoy the chutney !!