I was so happy to get this big bunch of purple beans from my veggie garden and here is a quick stir fry with them. These purple beans turn green once cooked and taste just like the green ones.
I had posted the same with green beans long back.
- Broad beans : it was about a kilo
- Onion - 2 [ chopped ]
- Green chillie - 2 [ chopped ]
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 2 pods [ chopped ]
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- coconut Oil - 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Split black gram / Urad daal - 1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt - 1 1/2 tsp
- Wash the beans and remove the ends and the side veins.
- Chop them finely along with the seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan and once hot, add mustard seeds and allow them to sputter.
- Now add urad daal and the curry leaves.
- Once the daal turn brownish , add the chopped beans along with onion and green chillie.
- Saute them for a few minutes and then let them cook covered for 10 mins, stirring in between.
- While this is getting ready, dry grind the ingredients 5 to 7 and keep.
- Once the beans are cooked they turn greenish. Now add the ground coconut mix on top , along with salt and turmeric powder and keep covered for about 2 mins.
- Now mix them all uniformly for another couple of minutes and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot !!