Ever since I've switched to using local grown, home delivered, organic veggie box I'm blessed with a lots of greens and the one which I'm in love at the moment is the basil leaves. So today's recipe is a healthy and tasty spread / dip with basil leaves which can be used as you prefer. Since I'm dairy free , I've skipped adding any cheese to it, where as the normal Pesto recipe calls for it. So if you prefer please go ahead and add some Parmesan cheese as well.
- Fresh bunch of basil leaves ( washed and drained )
- Blanched Almonds ( Soak them overnight and then remove the skin ) : about 1/2 cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil : 1/4 cup
- Green Chillies : 4 ( adjust as per taste )
- Garlic : 3 cloves
- Himalayan Rock Salt : as per taste
- Lemon juice (optional ) : 1 Tbsp
- Blend the ingredients 1 and 2 until the almonds are lightly crushed
- Add the remaining ingredients and then blend to a smooth paste.
- Store in a clean glass bottle keep refrigerated.