|Coconut and Kaffir lime panna cotta|
my name is flapr123, and i'm the new edition to this blog. the original blogger is a friend of mine, and she's let me be a fellow blogger. i like cooking, and i would love to share some recipes with you.
so let me start on a sweet note. i recently made this dessert and it was a hit with my family, so i'd like to share it with you.i'd just like to say that this recipe is not my own, i found this recipe online, on taste.com.au. the recipe i'm uploading has been halved, so if you'd like to see the original, pls go here.
This recipe is amazing, the kaffir lime infuse panna cotta is silky smooth, and the lime syrup over the top give the dih a refreshing tang. it really is a lovely dish, and i hope you enjoy it!
Recipe: Coconut and Kaffir lime panna cotta
- 250ml (1 cups) coconut cream
- 187.5ml pouring cream
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1.5 x 2g leaves gold-strength gelatine
- 125g strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 55g (1/4 cup) white sugar
- 1/2 lime, zested, juiced
- Place the coconut cream, cream, sugar and kaffir lime leaves in a saucepan over low heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside for 30 minutes for the lovely kaffir lime flavour to infuse.
- Return pan to low heat and bring to a gentle simmer, then remove from heat. Meanwhile, soak gelatine in a bowl of cold water until softened. Using your hand, squeeze out excess water. Whisk gelatine into coconut cream mixture until dissolved. Strain into a jug and discard lime leaves. Pour into glass tumblers, martini glasses or even plastic cups for a more laid-back affair. If you use about 125ml (1/2 cup) per serve you’ll have enough for six. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
3. To make lime syrup, heat sugar and 62.5ml (1/4 cup) water in a small pan over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir through lime zest and 1 tbsp lime juice.
4. Just before serving, toss strawberries in the lime syrup. Top each panna cotta with a spoonful of the strawberries and a drizzle of the lime syrup.