|Urad Daal Laddu / Sunnulundalu|
Navarathri / Dassera Wishes to all.....
Hope everyone is in festive mood and having a good time...
When I saw the Indus Ladies 100 Diwali Sweet Recipes EBook anouncement, I couldn't resist myself from sending something for the cookbook....And today's recipe is my entry for the event..
Last few days though my cooking was going on fine, photos didn't really make me post something .....So even though I saw the event announcement I couldn't think of anything....
Now, with only one more month left for my India trip, as usual pantry cleaning is on full swing and then I remembered about the urad daal flour which I have to finish off soon...So searched for a sweet recipe and landed at this blog ...And decided to kill the two birds with one arrow...
The referred recipe had used urad daal instead of flour.... But my trial with flour didn't go wrong....Though I had never tasted this Andhra delicacy before, it got finished off in no time as we all loved munching on this healthy laddu....
Here is how I made them.
- Urad daal flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Ghee / Clarified butter - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom - 5 Nos
- Roast the urad daal flour on a pan until a nice aroma comes , without getting it burnt. It took less than 5 mins.
- Take the roasted flour in a bowl.
- Powder the sugar in a mixer and add it to the bowl.
- Powder the cardamom seeds and add to it.
- Finally melt the ghee and pour over.
- Now simply mix them all together and start making small balls.
The laddus are ready to enjoy.......
Note : I could get 10 laddus from the recipe.
Do check out other Sweet Recipes from Panchamrutham here.
I'm sending these lovely laddus to My Diwali My Way event at A Girl's Diary.