|Beetroot Chocolate Cake|
Post Onam blues was holding me back from blogging for a while....Also we were taking our turns with fever and flu and saying good bye to winter.....So not yet completely recovered to pen down something.....
For such occasions baking a lovely cake is the best way out.....So here is a super moist chocolate cake which is simply irresistible for any choco lover....And with the goodness of beetroot in it , it makes a healthy snack too...
Here is the recipe...
- whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Beet root puree - 1 1/4 cup [ taken from 3 small sized beetroots]
- Caster Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Egg - 3 Nos
- Olive oil - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Make beetroot puree by cooking it either in a pan on stove top or in microwave. Allow it to cool and then blend using a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep this aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C [ fan forced ].
- Prepare an 8" round / 9" squre pan and keep aside.
- Sieve the ingredients 1 to 4 together a couple of times and keep.
- Take a bowl and beat the eggs in it until it turns thicker in volume.
- Add caster sugar and continue beating.
- Add oil and vanilla essence and beat until all mixed well.
- Now add the flour mix little by little and mix using a spatula.
- Finally mix in the beetroot puree.
- Pour in to the prepared tin and bake for 40 -45 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy this healthy cake with a cup of hot tea.