|Ribbon Pakoda / Pakkavada|
Last week we had those continuous rain again in the midst of winter...And it was in one of those days we were craving for this ribbon pakoda, which is another savory snack from Kerala, known as Pakkavada....
Easy to make and even easier to get finished off, these crispy pakodas are simply irresistible.
Here is the recipe....
- Chickpea flour - 1/2 cup
- White Rice flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Red Chillie Powder - 2 tsp [ adjust as per your taste ]
- Asafoetida / Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Water - about 3/4 cup [ adjust while making the dough ]
- Curry leaves - 1 or 2 sprig
- Oil - enough for frying
- In a bowl, mix ingredients from 1 to 6. Add water little by little and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadai.
- Meanwhile fill the chakkli press [ as shown in pic above ] with the prepared dough.
- Once the oil is hot enough, start making the pakoda directly into the oil. Keep flame on medium high.
- Turn over to get both sides done.
- When they are ready , which you can make out once the bubbles stop forming, drain them on a paper towel.
- Repeat until all the dough is finished.
- Finally fry the curry leaves and add on to the top for a nice aroma.
- Store in a clean and dry container and start enjoying with a hot cup of Tea.
Off it goes to be part of Herbs and Flowers Event : Curry leaves hosted at Taste Junction and initiated by PJ of Seduce your taste buds.