|Whole Wheat and Almond cookies|
What would you do if your little one is fussy about eating at times and the only thing he asks for is chocolate ??......I know how irresistible CHOCO is.....Even at this age, I cant resist the temptations of it.......So I cant really blame my son .....
Now, to take advantage of his choco weakness, I tried making this lovely n healthy choco flavored cookies, to make sure that something healthy too goes into his little tummy along with the choco......And it worked as I wished....
The cookies came out perfectly crunchy and tasty that even we started munching along with him...
Here is the recipe.......
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1 cup
- Almond meal - 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1 Tbsp
- Canola Oil Spread - 1/3 cup [ I used the lighter version, substitute with butter if you prefer]
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
- Milk - 3 Tbsps
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and keep.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients to a smooth dough.
- Take a little berry size of dough, Make it into a ball.Flatten it and then press with a spatula for any pattern you wish.
- Arrange them on the tray.
- In goes to the oven and the cookies will be ready in 15 - 20 mins.
I got 39 [ to be exact] cookies from the above recipe.
You can replace almond meal with whole wheat flour, if you prefer.
I had tried that once. But I loved the crunchiness offered by almond meal more than the one with plain flour.