Loved to see the sun shining after 2 weeks of continuous pouring....What a great relief...
In Kerala , the place which is blessed with a tropical weather I used run away from the scorching sun , longing to be in some place with a chilling weather....Never thought , I will be waiting to see sun this way.....Yes SUN is the source of all our energy....
So finally I stepped out with my camera to take a shot of this simple parippu curry which was ready in my kitchen waiting to be transferred to the lunch box....Got a snap just before that to share with you all....
And here is the recipe ...
- Moong Daal / Split green gram - 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 Tbsp
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Green Chillie - 1 [ large ]
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Oil - 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Dried Red chillie - 1 or 2
- Wash and cook the moong daal in a pressure cooker with 1 cup of water. It will be done with 2 - 3 whistles.
- Blend together ingredients 2 - 5 adding 2 Tbps of water to a smooth paste.
- Heat the same cooker in which the daal is cooked and add the ground paste to it. Mix this well without any lumps.
- Now add ingredients 6 and 7 and bring it to boil, stirring in between.
- Transfer the daal to a serving bowl.
- Heat a small pan and add oil. Once hot, add mustard seeds and allow them to sputter.
- Now add curry leaves and dried red chillies. Stir and let them bring out the aroma without burning.
- Finally transfer it to the top of the daal curry.
Tasty Parippu Curry is ready to be served.........
Best combo is with Rice and a little ghee ...
Serve hot and Enjoy..........