May has kept me busy more than what I had expected with two birthday boys at home.. Couldn't even manage to check the updates from my fellow bloggers....Hope everyone is having a good time in the Blogosphere....
Though I missed blogging a bit , it was equally good to Enjoy the Real World without any wired and wireless connections....
Finally , I am back with Kerala Egg Roast which is another favorite at home.......It is one of those side dishes that tempts me to break - fast along with Appam, especially on Sunday mornings ......After all, a Simple and easy recipe is what you prefer for a lazy weekend morning Right ?
Do try out the simple recipe and Enjoy...
- Boiled Eggs - 3 Nos [ Please Refer below, to see how to boil eggs]
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 3 large [ finely chopped ]
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Tomato - 1 large [ finely chopped ]
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chillie Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - enough for garnishing
- Heat oil in a non- stick pan.
- Once hot, add mustard seeds and allow them to sputter.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped onion and salt and saute until the onion becomes soft and tender.
- Chopped tomato can be added now and continue to saute until they turn mushy.
- Finally add the powders from 8 - 11 and keep stirring until they all get absorbed and coated to the onion tomato paste.
- Slice the eggs into half and add now. Lightly toast to get the gravy coated on to them and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot with your favorite main course.
Off it goes to be part of the kerala kitchen hosted by Sarah of a spoonful of delight and initiated at the Kerala Kitchen
How to boil Eggs :
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a and cook the eggs in it.
- some salt on the top while cooking to prevent the eggs from breaking.
- It takes about 1015 mins for the eggs to get cooked.
- To make peeling easier later on, put the cooked eggs in some cold water and keep aside.