Making of a Smoothie should be called a Recipe or not....? I am a bit confused whenever I post a Smoothie recipe , as the recipe for a Smoothie is always upto you.....Put whatever flavors of fruits you like in a blender and just blend them all together...A filling and healthy drink is ready in less than 5 mins.
Though we know the process is as simple as that , still we are happy to get used to the variety of juices that come in those colorful paper cartons and cans just to save a few minutes of work.... I'm not quite sure if our next generations kids will be able to appreciate the real taste of a fresh fruit juice/smoothie that gets ready in your own kitchen without any additives and preservatives ?? For their sake, cant we limit these ready made juices for some occasional parties or picnics alone ?? Think over and try for yourself the next time you go to pick some instant juices......
Now talks apart , Let us find the way to enjoy a simple and tasty pineapple smoothie at home which will be ready in no time.....
- Pineapple - 1
- Sugar - 2 Tbsps [adjust depending on the sweetness of the pineapple]
- Honey - for topping [ optional ]
- Cut off the head portion and sides of the pineapple and remove the stem at the middle.
- Chop it into small pieces and take in a blender.
- Add sugar and then blend them until smooth.
- No need to strain it. Let us keep all the fiber.
- The consistency can be adjusted by adding water. I didn't add any, as I like it this way.
- Drizzle some honey on top and Enjoy.
My Pineapple Smoothie is going to be part of Kuriji's healthy Recipe Hunt - Healthy Summer event