|Okra Stir- Fry|
Enough of holidays now.....And it is time to get back to the normal routines...
Hope you all enjoyed the Easter holidays...
Here rain was there to spoil the holidays as usual.....But luckily , spared a few days in between when sun was there to let us have some fun and a few outings too......So on the whole it wasn't bad...
Coming to today's recipe...
It is one of the easiest recipes which I used to try almost like every week during the initial days of my cooking as there is nothing much of any complicated ingredients in this dish....You just have to choose a few nice and tender Okra also known as Lady's fingers / Vendakka/ Bhindi....
So to kick back the holiday hangover and to start with the normal chores of lunch box packing, this was the side dish I chose for today to get along with rice...
Here is the recipe....
- Okra - 10 Nos
- Onion - 2 [ chopped ]
- Green chillie - 1 [ large, chopped ]
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Wash the Okra. Chop off the head and tail portions and then slice them thinly.
- Heat oil in a non- stick pan [Non stick pan helps in preventing the okra from sticking on to the sides].
- Once it is hot , add mustard seeds and allow them to sputter.
- Now add curry leaves followed by the chopped okra , onion and green chillie.
- Add salt and stir them until the okra becomes soft. Take care not to break them just to keep its beauty.
- Finally add the pepper powder and stir until all well combined.
- Switch off the heat and the Okra Stir Fry is ready to be served.
It makes a tasty and simple side dish with Rice...
Note: The above recipe serves 2- 3.
Sharing a few clicks, to enjoy the beauty of Australia in Autumn..