|Mixed nuts Laddu|
One day while baking almond cookies, the cookies got burnt a bit and then I got to taste those roasted almonds which I had put for topping....From then on I wanted to roast those left over almond flakes and make something out of it....And there was some peanuts left in the pantry too....So just added all those bits and pieces and came up with this recipe for an instant and healthy snack...
Since I wanted to avoid sugar, I went for jaggery and then added some roasted coconut too...
I found it very handy to fill in my son's snack box with these healthy and tasty laddus......
Here is the recipe.........
- Almond Flakes - 1/4 cup
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Sesame Seeds [white] - 1/4 cup
- Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Powdered Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp [optional...just to add some aroma]
- Roast the ingredients 1 - 4 separately and transfer them to a blender. [ Make sure the blender is clean and dry]
- Allow them to cool down a bit, but not completely.
- Now blend them to a fine powder and transfer to a bowl.
- Now add powdered Jaggery and cardamom powder to this and mix well until all combined.
- Start making small balls before it cools down completely.
Laddus are ready to enjoy..........
Note: Got 14 laddus from the above recipe...
You can store them in a dry and air tight container and use later.