Protected by Copyscape DMCA Violation Detector

Subscribe to Panchamrutham

Monday, January 24, 2011

Madhura Seva.......A Sweet Snack from Kerala

Madhura Seva
I'm back to the realities after a wonderful vacation in God's own country....Needless to say about the recharging effect of homeland and the time spent with loved ones.....
Anyway, I wasn't for much of cooking during the stay this time.....

Still need to be in track with my kitchen routines....And to blogging too....

To get started with, here is a simple sweet snack recipe which I had prepared some time back.......Had to dig it out from my drafts...

I'm sure this snack will take you down the memory lanes where in you never think of Calories while enjoying stuff like these....


Of course , they will be coated with sugar when you buy from shops...So I've reduced it....And here is the simple recipe for a crunchy tea time snack...

Ingredients
  1. Gram Flour / Besan                       - 2 cups
  2. Salt                                                    - 1/4 tsp
  3. Water                                                - 1/2 cup [adjust accordingly while kneading ]
  4. Oil                                                      - enough for frying
  5. Sugar                                                 - 1 cup
  6. Water                                                - 1/2 cup
Preparation
Seva Maker
  1. Mix flour and salt.
  2. Add water little by little and make a smooth dough. Keep in mind that gram flour becomes very sticky. So adjust water accordingly while kneading.
  3. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
  4. Fill the Seva maker [ as shown ] with the dough and start making the seva directly into the hot oil.
  5. Turn over to get both sides done.
  6. Remove from oil when the color turns light brown.
  7. Drain on a kitchen towel and allow to cool.
  8. Repeat frying until all the dough is finished.
  9. Break the seva to small pieces and keep aside. 
  10. Meanwhile in a wide mouth non stick pan, heat the water and add sugar to it.
  11. Keep stirring this, until it reaches 1 string consistency. [ You can check this by dropping a little of the sugar syrup into a cup of cold water. Once it starts forming small balls in the water it has reached the required consistency].
  12. Now reduce the flame and quickly add the seva pieces. Stir it well to get it coated with the sugar syrup.
  13. Remove from the pan and allow it to cool.
  14. Once cooled, store in an air tight container and start munching.
Enjoy .....

Republic Day Wishes to all my readers from India 

And 

Australia Day Wishes for all from Australia 

7 comments:

  1. Crispy seva looks yumm, prefect evening snack..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect and yummy! Can I have a plate for my tea time snack?


    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adipoli snack..Looks so crispy and tasty..

    ReplyDelete
  4. great.. u took me back to my school days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom a similar one to this,looks irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this and I was thinking I should make it - all of the 99 recipes in the book - congrats dear :) And have a happy Deepavali!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog....Ur comments n suggestions are most valuable for me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Town Square
Chefs Blogs
All Cooking Sites Indian Cooking Blogs