Wednesday, November 24, 2010

No Bake Mango Cheese Cake...Eggless too

Mango Cheesecake
After much of waiting, Summer has finally arrived bringing longer days to enjoy outdoors...And along with it, the seasonal fruit, mangoes have also arrived to the markets...While enjoying mangoes the only fact that makes me a bit sad when I compare the summer vacations in India is about the quantity of mangoes which we used to enjoy...We used to get them in heaps whereas I need to buy them in numbers here.....Anyways as I always  keep in mind, Something is better than Nothing......And every time I go to the markets , there will be a few mangoes in my shopping bag...

Now that hardly a week left for my Kerala trip ,  pantry cleaning is on the go at home.....I had to finish up my cream cheese which was not a hit at home otherwise...So thought of trying out  some cake with it and this yummy mango cheesecake was the result........
The fact that it is a no bake version makes it all the more simple.....And If you are a mango lover like me, this is a must recipe for you.....

I have used low fat versions of cream cheese and cream as I know how much I will be treating myself with it...

Here is the simple recipe which I had adapted from here.

Ingredients
  1. Ripe Mangos                  - 3 Nos [ medium size ]
  2. Cream Cheese               - 250 gm 
  3. White Sugar                  - 3/4 cup
  4. Thickened Cream         - 300 ml
  5. Gelatin                           - 1 Tbsp
  6. Water                             - 1/2 cup
  7. Biscuits                          - 1/2 cup [ powdered ]
  8. Sugar                             - 2 Tbps [optional if your biscuits are not sweet].
  9. Butter                            - 50 gm
Preparation
  1. Prepare a spring-form cake tin by lining the base with aluminum foil and locking the sides with the the foil wedged in between.
  2. Crush the biscuits to get about 1/2 cup of biscuit crumbs.
  3. Mix this with butter and 2 Tbps of sugar. I added sugar as my biscuit was plain crackers. If you are using sweet biscuits you can avoid this.
  4. Put the biscuit mix on to the prepared tin.Press it down and level with a spoon.
  5. Keep this in freezer while making the rest of the cake.
  6. Take a pan and add water and gelatin. Heat this until the gelatin powder melts. No need to heat it more than this point. Allow this to cool completely.
  7. Blend together ingredients 1-4 until the mix thickens. It takes about 3-4 mins of blending. 
  8. Finally add the cooled gelatin mix to the blender and blend for another 2 minutes until all well combined. 
  9. Take out the cake tin from freezer and pour the blended cream mix on the top of the biscuit layer.
  10. Refrigerate this for 7-8 hrs until it sets firm.
  11. Yummy cheese cake is ready for serving....Enjoy it with more mango slices and cream if you prefer....

    Wasn't that so simple......?

    Dont forget to try out the recipe the next time you get some ripe mangoes...

    Enjoy.........



    13 comments:

    1. Yum!! That looks delicious!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. mouthwatering here, i will try it soon, thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wowww gorgeous looking cheesecake...soooo beautiful.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great, looks so yummy and eggless too..

      http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. Mouthwatering..gorgeous cheesecake.

      ReplyDelete
    6. still to try cheesecake at home,this looks yum,.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Awesome looking cake..lovely flavors!

      US Masala

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting my Blog....Ur comments n suggestions are most valuable for me...