As promised , here is one more Diwali snack ..A Crispy n crunchy one this time...
Being a person who like to finish jobs before hand, I had made these murukku a few days back thinking to ease my job for Diwali...But it was over in 2 days leaving me to make some more for today....
The recipe for this rice fritters is very simple...Only thing to be taken care of is to get the right consistency for the dough...
So here is the recipe...
- Rice flour [ fine ] - 2 cups
- Roasted Urud Flour - 1/4 cup
- Gram flour [ Besan ] - 1/4 cup
- Ghee / oil - 1 Tbsp
- Red Chillle Powder - 1 Tsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 Tsp
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Oil - For Frying
- Mix ingredients from 1 - 7 and check for the taste. If required, adjust chillie powder and salt.
- Slowly add water and make a soft dough.It is important to get the right consistency to make murukku without breaking. So please take care not to make it too dry or too watery.
- Now grease a murukku press [ one as shown below ] with little oil and fill it with the dough.
- Make spirals on a non stick paper and keep.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and carefully transfer the spirals.
- Fry them in batches, turning them over in between. Remove from oil once it turns light brownish in colour.
- Drain them on a paper towel and let them cool before transferring to an air tight container.
- Repeat until all the dough is finished.
Hope you all are having a great time this Diwali...
Off it goes to Lavi's Diwali snack event..