Monday, September 13, 2010

Strawberry Cheese muffins

Strawberry Cheese Muffin
Last day I was shopping grocery along with my son...And the friendly lady at the counter started talking to me...
She asked..."That is ur only child ?"...
I said ...."Yes"
And this was her reply..."So that means U've got two....The one u married and the one u gave birth to"....
"Very True ", I said...
Yes it is definitely these kids that make you try out new items each day, when their  eating habits and tastes keep changing.....




My little one has stopped taking dairy products completely giving a bit of worry for me...So when I saw a cheese muffin recipe in Huey's kitchen, I thought of giving it a try as he likes cakes, but not cheese as such.....


I modified the recipe to a sweet version with sugar and added some strawberries which were left in the refrigerator.....Again, this could be a way to make him eat some strawberries which is not possible otherwise....I was quite happy with the result as the idea worked fine and he had a couple of muffins for snacks...


Now, here is the simple and tasty strawberry cheese muffin recipe perfect for your evening Tea....


Ingredients
  1. Wholemeal plain flour                - 1/2 cup
  2. Self raising flour                          - 1 1/2 cup 
  3. Sunflower oil                                - 1/2 cup
  4. Milk                                              - 1/2 cup 
  5. Egg                                                - 2 Nos
  6. Caster sugar                                - 3/4 cup 
  7. Strawberry [chopped]               - 5 Nos
  8. Shredded Cheddar cheese         - 1/2 cup 
  9. Vanilla essence                            - 1/2 tsp 
Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. 
  2. Beat the eggs with sugar for 2 mins. Just beating with hand will do.
  3. Add milk , oil and vanilla essence while beating. 
  4. Sift the flours together and slowly fold in to the above mix. 
  5. Finally add the chopped strawberries and shredded cheese and mix uniformly.
  6. Fill 3/4 of the muffin cups with the mix and bake for 35-40 mins until they are ready. 
Note: The measure could  make about 15 muffins.

    7 comments:

    1. Great flavours... Looks delicious..

      ReplyDelete
    2. Its odd how tastes change, isn't it? I was a really picky child, so I understand your little one's feelings :)
      The muffins sound delicious, especially as I love both cheese and strawberry.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Lovely flavors..looks super delicious

      ReplyDelete
    4. Scrumptious and fabulous looking muffins..

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting my Blog....Ur comments n suggestions are most valuable for me...