|Strawberry Cheese Muffin|
She asked..."That is ur only child ?"...
I said ...."Yes"
And this was her reply..."So that means U've got two....The one u married and the one u gave birth to"....
"Very True ", I said...
Yes it is definitely these kids that make you try out new items each day, when their eating habits and tastes keep changing.....
My little one has stopped taking dairy products completely giving a bit of worry for me...So when I saw a cheese muffin recipe in Huey's kitchen, I thought of giving it a try as he likes cakes, but not cheese as such.....
I modified the recipe to a sweet version with sugar and added some strawberries which were left in the refrigerator.....Again, this could be a way to make him eat some strawberries which is not possible otherwise....I was quite happy with the result as the idea worked fine and he had a couple of muffins for snacks...
Now, here is the simple and tasty strawberry cheese muffin recipe perfect for your evening Tea....
- Wholemeal plain flour - 1/2 cup
- Self raising flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Sunflower oil - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 2 Nos
- Caster sugar - 3/4 cup
- Strawberry [chopped] - 5 Nos
- Shredded Cheddar cheese - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat the eggs with sugar for 2 mins. Just beating with hand will do.
- Add milk , oil and vanilla essence while beating.
- Sift the flours together and slowly fold in to the above mix.
- Finally add the chopped strawberries and shredded cheese and mix uniformly.
- Fill 3/4 of the muffin cups with the mix and bake for 35-40 mins until they are ready.