Monday, August 9, 2010

Choco Chip Cookies !!

Choco Chip Cookies
Finally I am back to blogging after a hectic time with house shifting and rearranging , And  of course , with a delay that went more than what I had expected....

Thanks for all your wishes and prayers...I need to get back to read all your new recipe additions...Hope you all had a great time....

During this short break that had left me without an internet connection for 3 weeks, I got to know the extent of my addiction to the World Wide Web.....But the good thing is that I got so much of time for other activities including spending some time for a little backyard garden and also experimenting some new recipes at my kitchen....


I was so happy to see an oven in working condition and simply couldn't resist to try some baking daily, as I was deprived of the baking privilege at the previous place....So even though I had thought of restarting my blogging with a kheer recipe , I had to change my mind and here I am with a cookie recipe instead.

It is one of the simplest of the cookies and here goes foolproof recipe..

Ingredients
  1. All purpose flour / Maida         - 1 cup
  2. Self Raising flour                        - 1 cup 
  3. Caster Sugar                              - 3/4 cup
  4. Dark Choco Chips                      - 1/2 cup 
  5. Butter                                         - 125 gm 
  6. Egg                                               - 1
Preparation 
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Keep a baking tray lined with non stick baking paper.
  2. Sift the flours together to a mixing bowl.
  3. Add the caster sugar and choco-chips to this and mix well. [ I used normal sugar and ground it to a fine powder in a mixer].
  4. Melt butter in a separate bowl and once it is cooled, add egg to it. Beat them lightly with a spoon.
  5. Add the melted butter mix to the flour and combine them together. 
  6. Make small balls of the mixture and flatten them. Place on the baking tray with enough spacing between the cookies.
  7. Bake for about 20 mins. You can see them developing cracks on the top and turn light brownish when they are ready. 
  8. Take out from the baking tray and set aside to cool. Repeat until the whole mixture is finished. It took me two rounds in a 20 cm x 40 cm baking tray [this is an approximate size].

So try out the cookie recipe for your evening tea and Enjoy !!

11 comments:

  1. Looks perfect and yum dear...

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy cookies..will surely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies looks crispy, crunchy, yummy and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really delicious cookies deepti perfectly done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back Deepti and good to know that you settled in your new home. Am so loving these cookies and looking forward to see more lip smacking dishes from your oven. Take care sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi deept i I always have some room for a cookie !!Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I found this blog in Foodista and followed it here. This is a lovely blog and awesome Choco Chip Cookies recipe. Reminds me of mom's recipe and it was superb, I bet yours is excellent too! By the way you can place more Foodista widget in your past and future blogs so that other Foodista readers can follow and see your blog too. Just search for a related recipe or food in Foodista and use its widget. I hope to read more from you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog....Ur comments n suggestions are most valuable for me...