|Choco Chip Cookies|
Finally I am back to blogging after a hectic time with house shifting and rearranging , And of course , with a delay that went more than what I had expected....
Thanks for all your wishes and prayers...I need to get back to read all your new recipe additions...Hope you all had a great time....
During this short break that had left me without an internet connection for 3 weeks, I got to know the extent of my addiction to the World Wide Web.....But the good thing is that I got so much of time for other activities including spending some time for a little backyard garden and also experimenting some new recipes at my kitchen....
I was so happy to see an oven in working condition and simply couldn't resist to try some baking daily, as I was deprived of the baking privilege at the previous place....So even though I had thought of restarting my blogging with a kheer recipe , I had to change my mind and here I am with a cookie recipe instead.
It is one of the simplest of the cookies and here goes foolproof recipe..
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Self Raising flour - 1 cup
- Caster Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Dark Choco Chips - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 125 gm
- Egg - 1
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Keep a baking tray lined with non stick baking paper.
- Sift the flours together to a mixing bowl.
- Add the caster sugar and choco-chips to this and mix well. [ I used normal sugar and ground it to a fine powder in a mixer].
- Melt butter in a separate bowl and once it is cooled, add egg to it. Beat them lightly with a spoon.
- Add the melted butter mix to the flour and combine them together.
- Make small balls of the mixture and flatten them. Place on the baking tray with enough spacing between the cookies.
- Bake for about 20 mins. You can see them developing cracks on the top and turn light brownish when they are ready.
- Take out from the baking tray and set aside to cool. Repeat until the whole mixture is finished. It took me two rounds in a 20 cm x 40 cm baking tray [this is an approximate size].
So try out the cookie recipe for your evening tea and Enjoy !!