It is long since I posted a chicken recipe....It is not that I have changed to a vegetarian..But of course I have reduced the chicken consumption a lot...Now that Winter has started we have made it a point to buy it more often & So chicken is back to my menu...
Today's is a very spicy chicken recipe that we all enjoyed with Rotis for our dinner last day...
I had made a dry version which can be altered if you want more of a gravy form....just add some water for cooking the chicken after step 5...
Here goes the recipe.
- Chicken - 1/2 Kg ( skinless & boneless, diced into small cubes).
- Coconut - 1/4 cup ( cut into small pieces)
- Onion - 2 medium size ( chopped finely).
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 bunch
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Lime Juice - 1 tsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and turmeric powder for 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil in a wok. Once hot, add chopped coconut and stir till it turns light brownish.
- Now add the curry leaves and chopped onion and saute till the onion turns soft and brownish.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and saute for a minute.
- Now it is time to add pepper powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Saute for a minute and finally add the marinated chicken pieces.
- Keep stirring this until the chicken is cooked completely. It may take 20- 25 mins. ( Note: No Water is added. So keep stirring !!).
- Adjust the salt and pepper if required.
- Finally add the lime juice and stir for a couple of minutes before turning off the heat.