What better way than a sweet distribution to spread a happy news....Right...?
Yes..There is some celebrations going on back home as my BIL's marriage got fixed ...& 4 us , its again time to look forward for the next trip to the God's Own Country :)
Though there is still a lot of time for the marriage, I just could'nt wait to make some sweets to welcome the new bride...!
Today I tried out this instant Palgova recipe which I had bookmarked from here and I subsituted ghee with melted butter in the basic recipe...!!
Making palgovas from fresh milk is a real time consuming process which never came across my mind while enjoying them from the Milma Milk Parlours those days... !!
The recipe here calls for an instant microwave method... Taste-wise the microwave version didnt make us upset as it was equally good with a few plus points too....the only utensils needed were a microwave safe bowl and a non stick spatula & no messing up of kitchen & of course the Palgovas were ready in less than 10mins !! What else do U need when U r in a mood to have something sweet and that too instantly..!!
Now enough of bla bla & here is the recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 tin (400gm) ( I used the fat free version )
- Thick curd / Yogurt - 1 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp ( melted)
- Mix all the ingredients with a non stick spatula in a microwave safe bowl. Take a bigger bowl as the milk may start rising while it boils.
- Microwave it for 2 mins.
- Take out and stir it and keep again for 4 more mins with stirring after every 1 min.You can see the milk getting curdled after each turn.
- It starts turning light brownish when the palgova is ready.
- Take out from the microwave and transfer it for cooling in a tray smeared with butter. Once cooled down to a temperature that your are comfortable to handle with your hand, Palgovas can be made into any desired shapes.