Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ullivada ...... Onion Fritters / Pakoda !!!



Ullivada / Onion Fritters
Searching for a quick Tea time snack ?? Here is one that doesnt need much time & any of those complicated ingredients...I always found Onion Fritters my first choice for those times of  unexpected guests..
Ullivada or Onion Pakoda is a very popular street food of India and it is a snack that is always given a warm welcome in my home , as my hubby and little one are so fond of it. So I dont have to give a second thought before making it any time..... I just have to wait and see the plate getting empty in no time !!


Ingredients

  1. Onions                         - 2 large (chopped thinly, lengthwise)
  2. Chick pea Flour          - 4 Tbsps
  3. Rice Flour                   - 1 Tbsp
  4. Red chillie powder     - 1 tsp
  5. Curry Leaves             - 2 petals (chopped)
  6. Asafoetida ( Hing )    - a pinch 
  7. Salt                              - 1/2 tsp
  8. Water                          - 1/4 cup (adjust accordingly)
  9. Oil                                - for deep frying
Preparation
  1. Mix the ingredients 1-7 in a bowl. Add water little by little so that it starts getting stick together. Dont make it too watery. Make small balls out of this and keep aside.
  2. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. 
  3. Once hot, add the onion balls and deep fry them till the color turns golden brown. 
  4. Strain and keep them on paper towel to drain the excess oil.
Serve Hot with a Cup of Tea & Njoyyyyy !!!!!!!!!


Ullivada / Onion Fritters

20 comments:

  1. its my favorite too... have u ever tasted the chayakkada version of ullivada with a hole in the middle?...they are making it with maida (plain flour)...tastes heaven...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pass it on to me .They looks so crispy and nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried bajji and pakoda..must try once.urs is looking yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, awesome awesome and I can go on and on. Superb looking pakodas. My favourite too. You are true that the platter gets over in a jiffy :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so crispy and yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking onion fritters. Ur guests would leave any for sure !!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect tea time indulgence!! Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm snatching it from the screen..love crispy pakoda!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very crispy...they look too yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  10. my fav tea time snack,looks so crispy and yum deepthi...very beautiful clicks too

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Fav!! looks so perfect and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my favorite onion pakodas..all time favorite..look so good.

    www.foodlyrics.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh..how much i love these...chaya ready, randu vada tharumo?

    ReplyDelete
  14. love to have those with evening coffee

    ReplyDelete
  15. the evertempting chayaum vadayum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. perfect ullivada looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Deepti
    ver y nice for a quick snack !! cheers de Paris PIerre

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog....Ur comments n suggestions are most valuable for me...