|Kerala Fish Fry|
Adding a fish recipe is never anything special for me, as it is there on a daily basis at home..., So I always keep postponing a fish recipe @ Panchamrutham...
There are different ways that I try out fish frying depending on the availability of ingredients....But this one is the recipe that I used to try for the daily menu as it is the simplest with the ingredients always there in my kitchen.
You can try this for any of the fish varieties..Ive chosen my favorite Seer fish (NeiMeen) for today's menu...It is one of the tastiest varieties of fish that we used to get in Kerala.
Here is the simple recipe for a tasty fish fry!!
- Fish pieces ( washed & cleaned ) - 5
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chillie Powder - 3 tsp (Add more if you want)
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 1/2 tsp
- water - 3 tsps
- Oil - for shallow frying
- Mix ingredients 2 - 6 in a small bowl to a paste. Brush the fish pieces with the paste so that it gets coated to the pieces uniformly. Leave this for atleast 1/2 hour before frying. You can keep them refrigerated for this.
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan. Once hot , add the pieces and fry them in medium flame. Turn over after about 4-5 mins to get the other side done.
- Once both the sides are done, take the pieces and allow them to drain the oil on a paper towel.