It is a time of great pleasure when your mom asks a recipe from you.....!!! That is what I have to say about my version of Gobi Manjurian.
Though we used to enjoy this starter from restaurants, it was only after leaving India that I ever tried making this at home. And my little one & hubby simply love it.
This time when I was in Kerala, we had been to a near by temple festival......And there were those temporary street stalls filled with the nice aroma of Gobi Manjurian....My mom ,who likes Gobi Manjurian so much was like going to have some from there....That was a chance for me to act as her mom, when I said , "Dont eat from those stalls, I'll make fresh ones for you at home"....I remember her words like these to distract myself when I was a kid :)
After coming home, as promised, I prepared it for her...And everyone just loved it...It is really hard to get an appreciation from my mom...So felt so proud that she liked it !!
Here is my recipe that I sent to her.
- Cauliflower (florets) - 3 cups
- Corn flour - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1 Tbsp
- Red Chillie Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Paste - 1 tsp
- Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 3 Tbsp
- Tomato Sauce - 3 Tbsp
- Sweet chillie Sauce - 1 Tbsp
- Green chillie (chopped) - 1
- Onion ( chopped) - 1 cup
- Spring onion (chopped) - 1/2 cup
- Green Capsicum ( chopped) - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp ( adjust as required)
- Oil - Enough for deep frying.
- Wash the Cauli fllower florets and keep to drain away the water.
- In a bowl, mix ingredients 2,3,4, half of the ginger and garlic paste and half of the Soy sauce and tomato sauce.
- Add the drained florets with enough salt to this and mix well. Sprinkle little water if required so that the paste gets coated to the florets uniformly. And keep this for marinating for 1/2 an hour.
- In a thick bottom pan, add oil. Once it is hot, add the marinated florets and deep fry them. Drain the oil and keep aside.
- Heat the same pan, keeping just 1 Tbsp oil in it. Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute till they are brown.
- Add the chopped onion and green chillie to this along with pepper powder and salt. Saute till the onion turns soft and brown.
- Now add the capsicum and saute till they turn soft.
- Add the remaining Soy and Tomato sauce along with Sweet chillie sauce and put the Spring onions. Saute for a few minutes.
- Finally add the fried florets to this and mix well. Saute for another few minutes before taking off from the stove top.
Serve HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!