It is Valentine's Day Today, suppose to be the day for celebrating love, though personally I don't think there is the need for a day to celebrate LOVE :).....But I am sure that the Card manufacturers & the gift idea makers will never agree with that.....!!
( Also let us not forget to remember St. Valentine on this day, who was martyred for helping the young lovers ).
A small gift idea for your loved ones, that is packed with Loads of health benefits is what Panchamrutham has to offer for the V day.....!!!Pomegranates are a kind of seasonal fruits originated mainly from the Middle East and Asia. Here is a short list of the health benefits of the juice made from this wonder fruit, a good reason to go for it.
- Promotes a healthy heart health and improves blood circulation
- Contains three times the antioxidants of wine or green tea
- Keeps your arteries clean and soft helps reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke
- Lower the levels of bad cholesterol and raise your good cholesterol levels
- Prevent breast and skin cancer, and also helps with prostate cancer in men.
- Reduce the effects of aging and prevent Alzheimer’s.
- Prevent cartilage damage and protect babies from brain damage during birth.
- Helps to prevent dental plaque ( source ).
Here goes the recipe, nothing much to write as a recipe though..
- Pomegranate - 1 large (Remove the skin with a knife or scraper and cut it lengthwise, open it up and take out the seeds...Thats the easy way of getting the seeds without losing much of the juicy part)
- Sugar - 2 tsps ( avoid this if you like to get the genuine taste of it)
- Water - 1 cup
- Grind the ingredients 1 & 2 in a mixer ( Use the whipping mode without getting the seeds grinded)
- Dilute with water as per your required concentration for the drink.
- Strain it using a strainer and serve.
- Keep closed in refrigerator if you want to have it chilled.
Instead of a heart shaped gift, here is a juice that gifts you a healthy heart !!
Have a Great Valentine's Day ...Enjoy !!!!!!!!
I'm sending this recipe for Fun and Food Cafe's Valentine & super bowl carnival.
I'm sending my Pomegranate Juice for Madhuri's Serve me some Summer Soothers I : ' Juices, Shakes , Smoothies'