Reason for a small party at home as I could regain my working status, though starting on a slow pace...Happy to be back breaking my head for some techie stuff too from now on :)
Also got hold of my oven after the vacation...So thought of trying something with this wonderful cooking appliance itself....
I remember seeing this snack idea on the backside of a Spring Roll sheet bag & Modified the filling as per my taste....The idea was not bad as the chicken cups came out really well..It makes a perfect Tea time snack..
Here goes the recipe.
- Spring Roll sheets - 6 Nos ( Available at the frozen section of Supermarkets)
- Chicken - 1/4 Kg (boneless & skinless)
- Potato - 1 (medium size)
- Onion - 1 (medium size)
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chillie Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Melted Butter - for brushing the sheets
- Keep the Spring Roll sheets out of the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Clean, peel and cut the potatoes to small cubes and keep in a steamer along with the chicken pieces. Sprinkle enough salt and turmeric powder on the top of the pieces. Let it get cooked for 10 - 15 mins. Take out from the steamer and mash them to a paste form. (You can mash them in a mixer as well.)
- Heat a pan and add oil. Once it is hot, add the ginger and garlic paste. Saute for a minute and then add chopped onion and salt. Saute this till the onions becomes translucent.
- Now add the ingredients 7,8,9 &10 and saute for few minutes.
- Finally add the chicken and potato paste and stir for another 5 minutes till they get mixed uniformly. The filling for the chicken cups is ready.
- Cut the Spring roll sheets into 4 pieces and arrange them one over the other to form a cup shape, as shown above. Brush them with little butter in between to get them sticked together.
- Grease the muffin tray with butter and Insert the cups into the tray. Now add a spoonful of filling to each cup.
- Keep in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins, till they become crispy. Be careful not to get them burnt.
Cripsy chicken cups are ready to go with your favourite dipping sauce...