Fish fingers & Chips is one of the Aussie favorites that you can find in every nook & corner of the Kangaroo land....No fish lovers can leave this crispy snack combo....
I always wanted to try this tasty fish fingers in Kerala style...Here is an attempt to it...It is so easy too.....!!
Fish pieces (boneless & skinless) - 10 ( King Fish will be a good option )
Red chillie powder - 2 tsps
Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Egg - 1
Plain flour /Maida - 1/4 cup
Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
Curry leaves (chopped) - 1 tsp
Ginger (grated) - 1/2 tsp
Garlic (grated) - 1/2 tsp
Oil - for shallow frying
- Marinate the cleaned fish pieces with Red chillie powder, Pepper Powder, Turmeric Powder and salt. Please adjust the quantities of these ingredients as per your taste. Keeping this in refrigerator for 1 hour will be better.
- Beat the egg and keep it in a bowl. Keep the Maida in another bowl.
- Add the curry leaves, ginger, garlic and 1/4 tsp salt to the bread crumbs and mix well. Keep this in a third bowl.
- Now heat the frying pan ( flat one) with enough oil.
- Take the fish pieces one by one. First dust them with the maida flour, then dip them in the beaten egg and finally dust with the bread crumbs. Now fry them in the pan turning both sides.
- Once the color turns brown take them from the pan and drain the excess oil using a paper towel.