Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sweet Idli / Kerala Vattayappam

Vattayappam

This is an evening snack that I used to prepare for my son whenever we have Appam for breakfast. I prepare this with the left over appam batter . Kindly find the recipe for Appam batter in my previous post.



Ingredients
  1. Appam batter               - 1 cup [ Kindly check here for the recipe].
  2. Sugar                              - 1 1/2 Tbsp 
  3. Cardamom powder      - a pinch
  4. Cashew / Raisin            -  for topping

Preparation
  1. Mix the batter with sugar and cardamom powder. 
  2. Smear the idli making vessel with little ghee / oil and pour the batter. 
  3. Add cashews or raisins on the top. 
  4. Steam it for about 10 mins and a tasty snack for evening tea is ready !!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog....Ur comments n suggestions are most valuable for me...