I never get bored preparing Chicken or any non veg recipe....It is simply because of the fact that it can never go wrong....Somehow that's my experience with it..And if at all something goes wrong also, the flavor of chicken will correct it...
Here is one such spicy and flavorful chicken recipe which I learnt from mom.
- Chicken - 1/2 Kg (cut into pieces)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 2 Nos
- Tomato - 1
- Green chilli - 1 [ large ]
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Ginger - 1 piece
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 2 tsps
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
For making Gravy
- Coconut - 3 Tbsps (grated)
- Dreied Red chilie - 3
- Coriander seeds - 2 Tbsps
- Cashew - 15 Nos
- Cardamom - 10 Nos
- Cinnamon stick - 1 piece
- Cloves - 10 Nos
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp salt and garam masala powder. Keep this in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- In a pan , roast the ingredients for making gravy. Roast the red chillies, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves together.Once the nice aroma starts coming, take if from pan and keep in the mixer for grinding.
- In the same pan roast the cashews and keep them in the mixer.
- Now roast the grated coconut till it turns lightly brownish and keep in the mixer.
- Grind them all together into a smooth paste by adding little water. Keep this aside.
- In a thick bottom pan ( Wok ) add oil. Once it is hot , add the grated ginger and garlic. Saute till it turns brown. Add the slitted green chillie and saute for a minute.
- Add the sliced onion to this. Add salt to it and saute till it turns soft and brownish.
- Now add the sliced tomato and saute it till it turns mushy.
- Add the marinated chicken to this and saute for a few minutes.Now add the gravy from the mixer with enough water to get it cooked.
- Keep in medium flame and keep stirring in between.
- In 15 - 20 minutes the chicken curry will be ready.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves and serve hot with rice / chappathi (Indian flat Bread).